Upgrades and Updates
- How can I get latest update available?
You can update your software anytime using Personalized Setup. Fine Maintenance subscribers get the latest version of the software available, other users get latest update available within the version they have purchased.
- How can I create offline installation?
You can create offline installation package for later use or for use on computers without internet connection:
1/ Download and run Personalized Setup from our website.
2/ In the first window, click on “Advanced”
3/ Choose "Create an installation package" and select target folder, and press “Next” button.
4/ Select the applications you want to include in the installation.
5/ Full offline installation package was created and placed into selected target folder. You can burn this package on CD and then start it by clicking on FineSetup icon.
- 1/ Download and run Personalized Setup from our website.
- I have older version of GEO5 (FIN EC) software. How can I get the latest version?
Fine Maintenance subscribers can get the latest version for free. Other customers can get the newer version by purchasing a Single Upgrade.
- What do I get by purchasing the Single Upgrade?
The latest GEO5 (FIN EC) version and all updates within that version.
- I have version 16 of GEO5 software and would like to have the latest version. What would the price of Single Upgrade be if the current version is 18?
Price of Single Upgrade is 10% of all purchased licenses per each version released after the owned version. Maximum price of Single Upgrade is 50%.
In this case, price of Single Upgrade from version 16 to 18 would be 20% of all licenses. You can get your Single Upgrade price calculated easily in our Online Shop.
- What software versions does the maintenance subscriber get access to?
Fine Maintenance subscribers get the latest Edition of GEO5 and also the upcoming Edition including all updates within the Edition.
- What software versions does a regular user get? (without maintenance subscription)
A regular user gets the latest updates available within the Edition they have purchased.
- Can I update my software even if my Fine Maintenance agreement expired and isn’t prolonged?
GEO5 users without a Fine Maintenance subscription will always be offered the latest update from the Edition that they have purchased. Therefore, if they gained access to a particular Edition as a part of the Fine Maintenance subscription, they are eligible for all the updates from that given Edition even in case the maintenance agreement isn’t prolonged.
- I have older version of GEO5 programs. Can I subscribe to Fine Maintenance?
You have to own the latest version of GEO5 software in order to subscribe to Fine Maintenance. In case you have older version, you have to purchase a Single Upgrade first.
- Can I exclude some specific programs from Fine Maintenance subscription?
Fine Maintenance comprises all the licenses within the product you own. However if the customer agrees with returning license for a specific program, the customer can no longer use the application, but pays only for the software he uses.
- How can I calculate my Fine Maintenance price?
Use our Online Shop to calculate your Fine Maintenance fee or ask us for quotation.
- How to pay for the Fine Maintenance by Credit Card?
Existing Maintenance subscribers can renew Maintenance subscription and pay by CC one month before subscription is about to expire. Please find the short manual how to pay by Credit Card.
- What are the minimum system requirements for running our programs?
Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Display resolution 1024×768 pixels
Graphics adapter supporting OpenGL 1.5
USB 2.0 port (except Demo versions and Software Keys)
- What are the recommended system requirements for running our programs (Stratigraphy)?
Display resolution 1920×1080 pixels
Graphics adapter supporting OpenGL 3.3+ (Intel HD 500+, NVIDIA GeForce 300+, NVIDIA Quadro FX x700+, AMD Radeon HD 4000+)
Hardware & Software Keys
- What is a hardware key (hardlock)?
Hardlock is a tiny device to be connected to USB port of your computer. The hardlock is sent by post.
- What is a software key?
It is a special code on a hard drive, which is bound to the hardware of a given computer on which the key is installed on. The software key is sent by email.
- How does a hardware key work?
If you buy a local license with a hardlock, you can install the programs on an arbitrary number of computers, however the programs will only work on the computer to which the hardlock is connected.
- How does a software key work?
If you buy a local license with a software key, the software can only be used on one computer. The software key is bound to the hardware parameters of a given computer on which the key is installed on. You can only rehost the software key with full license after a certain period of time since installation or since the last rehost (e.g. when new computer is bought).
- Is it possible to transfer the software key to the another computer?
The software key is bound to the hardware parameters of a given computer on which the key is installed on. If you buy a new computer, the key can be transferred (only if you have the commercial version of software). In case the harddisk is stolen/ broken, you can ask for the new software key (for the price of the key).
- Is it possible to change the hardware of the computer on which the software key is installed on?
When the hardware was partially changed, report the hardware changes to restore the full key functionality.
- How does a network hardlock work?
Our network licenses are only distributed with a hardlock. If you buy a network license, you may use the software on more computers in the network or on virtual machines. The maximum number of users that can work with the software at once is given by the number of purchased licenses. In order to run the application, the appropriate network hardlock has to be connected to a computer in the network. More information about network license settings.
- What do I need hardlock for?
Hardlock is a tiny device to be attached to a computer. It protects our software against illegal copying. Protected software cannot run without an appropriate hardlock connected to the computer.
- What to do in case of losing or damaging the hardlock?
The hardlock or software key represents the license. Loosing a hardlock resp. software key results in loss of the corresponding license. If a hardlock is damaged we offer the possibility of hardlock replacement for the cost of a new hardlock (see price list). The old key, however, must be returned.
User data logged
- Which data are logged during the software installation?
The data below are sent during the online installation (update process):
- IP address
- List of downloaded data
Internal data for FineSetup:
- Session ID - a random number that is generated for each online installation (update process)
- Installation ID - a completely random number, which will be generated when you install Fine software for the first time
- Installation/ License type - "Freeware / Demoversion / User Number"
- Info about the software usage - value "yes / no" for each module (Slope Stability, Spread Footing, ....) whether it was running since the last report
- Info about the PC:
- Windows version
- CPU speed/ name
- RAM size
- regional settings (region / country, language, GUI language)
- list of GPUs and driver versions
- number of monitors
- monitor resolutions and DPI
No data are sent when using the offline installation and when the online update check is disabled in the program settings.
- Is it possible to switch off user data logging?
No data are sent when using the offline installation and when the online update check is disabled in the program settings. You can find the list of logged data above.
End User License Agreement (EULA)
- Where is the EULA (end-user license agreement) ?
A EULA (end-user license agreement) is displayed on-screen when you first install our software.
Download our License Agreement (EULA) in PDF format.